Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lordy, Lordy, I Ain't Even Forty...


It all started in September, when our family doctor closed his practice. Well, I suppose if you're a "big picture" person, it all started sometime in 1968... but whatever.


Anyway, in September, our family doctor closed his practice. My "new" doctor told me I needed to have a baseline mammogram. Okay. No prob. Bill's new doctor introduced himself with a digital rectal exam of his prostate. Okay. Starting to feel impending age creeping in now.


Then I went to get my eyes checked yesterday, and much to my combined dismay and relief... I need bifocals when knitting. I've had some eyestrain for a while, and have used those little half-glasses you buy for ten bucks at the drug store off and on, but over my "real" glasses I feel like an ass. Now, here I am, on the cusp of 39 (really! I'll be 39 at the new year!) and needing bifocals. Not for everyday wear, but when knitting, crocheting, reading, etc.


Bugger.

(Go Red Sox!)

Anne

No comments: